Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Out with the old, in with the new



So, I have been modeling what is to be the control room of sorts for the world my characters live on. Ive been working on it for a few weeks now and its been slow going. Ive been simply frustrated by it and today i asked myself "why?"

the answer? I hate it... i hate the layout of it... its quite frankly a really crappy layout...

so i went back to the drawing board and sketched out a whole new and cleaner layout... and im already much happier with it... this is what i SHOULD have been working with all along...



Where the old space felt claustrophobic, Ive now opened the space up. Im thinking "original Star Trek" of sorts. i want clean, smooth lines... and that "future" but not "too future" look. I wanted something that actually somewhat looked like someone, somewhere had sat down and designed this room on paper and then hired a team of people to build it.

The old room didnt give me that... and this room is... so yeah... its like a fresh start... almost.

hope you like it as much as i do.

1 comments:

Kat Garcia said...

I do like the pattern on the wall :)

Looks great so far!